Monday, October 25, 2010

Chicken noodle soup

Waking up to snow on the mountains I knew today was the perfect day for chicken noodle soup. Not mention my one of my little birds has a yucky cough and cold. I thought I would share my favorite recipe for Chicken noodle soup. This recipe comes from a dear friend of mine who now lives in Texas and everytime I make it I can't help thinking of her.



Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup


2/3 bag noodles (I like the homemade noodles that you buy at the store)

2-4 chicken breasts, cubed

2 12 ounce cans broth

1 cup chopped celery

1 cube bouillon

1 1/2 cup carrots

1/2 onion

2 cans cream of chicken soup

6 ounce canned milk



Simmer chicken broth, celery, carrots, and onion for 8 minutes. Add chicken and simmer an additional 8 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except noodles and simmer covered for 45 minutes. Cook noodles in seperate pot, then add to soup about 10 minutes before serving.



*This soup is really good served over mashed potatoes. A little trick I learned from my mom!

1 comment:

  1. Harms,,
    Your blog is so cute! I'm so proud of you. Just look at all the fun things you have done. Love the name. Reminds me of a cute little song that my grandma taught me and I taught a cute little dark headed girl one time.
    Love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

pinterest

Followers