Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Decor & Pumpkin Topiarys



The finished product

Drilled holes in pumpkins

Painting the pots. It took a few coats.

I know it is getting close to the spooky day, but I thought I would still share some of my Halloween decor. I have decided this frightful holiday is one of my favorites and I have started decorating almost as much as I do for Christmas. A few months ago I saw these fabulous pumpkin topiarys in a magazine and knew I had to make them for myself.

I started out by finding 3 of the foam pumpkins all different sizes. I then found 3 different styles of black lace. I need a planter to put them in and everywhere I looked they were really pricey, so I was at Target one day and saw they had their terra cotta (plastic) planters on clearance and had an idea to glue them on top of each other and spray paint them with a stone finish spray paint. So instead a $45.00 planter I made mine for less than $7.00. I really liked how they turned out. I then took a drill and poked holes all over in random order (so my lights will glow from the holes). After I wrapped each pumpkin in lace and glued the lace at the bottom. Next I strung a continuous strand of lights up through the pumpkins and then I glued them on top each other and glued them on top of the planters. I then added some embelishments. I absolutuely love how they turned out and think they give an eery, yet whimsical look to my front door.

2 comments:

  1. I love all of this decor! You are so talented! Love your new blog!! Can't wait to see what else you put on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those!!! I want to make some next year. Will you teach us? I don't get the light thing. I guess I have to seethem in the dark.

    ReplyDelete

pinterest

Followers