Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween treat bags




If your anything like me, the night of Halloween comes and your kids are ready to run out the door and you realize they have no bag for their candy. So you grab a grocery sack or a pillowcase and hurry on your way. Well, last year I decided that I would make some for my little birds that they could use year after year.


What you need:


felt


halloween fabric


sewing machine


ribbon


iron transfer


cricket(optonal)


I cut 2 rectangles the size I wanted my bag, with enough for about a 1/4 inch seam. Then I cut two long strips for the handles. I sewed each handle to the felt and then sewed the felt together to form a bag. Next I used a cricket to cut out the initial, but you could easily do this by printing out a font on computer and just cutting it out. Then I cut a scalloped circle out of the fabric. I ironed on the initial to the circle and then ironed on the circle to the front of the bag. I then added ribbon around the handles. I think it turned out really cute and my little birds were excited to have their very own tick or treat bag to fill with goodies. Trick or Treat!!

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cute! I don't think you ever showed them to me. Hope they got filled to the brim with candy!! :)

    ReplyDelete

pinterest

Followers