Saturday, November 13, 2010

Christmas Gift idea #4 - Christmas sign
















I decided to copy my Thanksgiving sign and do a Christmas one. I had been looking at some other blogs that I love and saw a cute Christmas sign with just a bunch of different Christmas words. The blog is http://www.eighteen25.blogspot.com/. They have way cute ideas and they also offer free printables all the time. Anyways, I made up my own sayings on the computer, chose different font and different font colors and then printed it out. I wish I was good with photoshop because you could probably do it a lot better on there, but I'm still learning. After doing that I glittered just a few of the letters to give it some bling. I then mounted it to cardstock and added some holiday bows. This sign I actuallly mounted on an old corkboard that I had pulled from my husbands office. It has been sitting in my craftroom and thought it would be fun to mount on that and have the silver show off the edges. I just cut my paper to size and taped it on. Then like the other board I put ribbon on the back to hang. This project literally cost me nothing, because most everything I used was in my craft room. If you don't have old boards lying around you could just go to home depot and have some cut for quite cheap. I think they would be great gifts for teachers, neighbors or just for yourself to hang in your home.

2 comments:

  1. Love the sign! I am a new follower. Found you from the linking party at Passionately Artistic :)

    Tanya
    http://www.thecrookedcutter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

pinterest

Followers