Monday, November 8, 2010

Thanksgiving sign









I was able to go home this weekend to Boise and spend time with my family. My sisters and I hit a barn sale while we were there on Friday. It was the Fancy Farm girls sale. I found out about it through there blog, http://www.fancyfarmgirls.blogspot.com/ and if you live in Boise you should find out when the next one is. The stuff is all shabby chic and is great prices. They said people were lined up at 10:00 that morning. While I was there we also did some fun crafts. My sister showed us how to make this cute wood Thanksgiving board. We took a 12x12 piece of plywood sanded and painted it a desired color. Next we took scrapbook paper and cut a scalloped edge around it, about 10x10 size and mounted it with modge podge onto the board. Then we printed out blessed on the computer on cardstock and cut it about 8x8. We then modge podged it onto the scrapbook paper. To finish, we covered the whole thing with modge podge and tacked ribbon to the back to hang. I know we all probably have lots of signs in our homes, but this one was really easy and I thought it would make a great Christmas gift too. You could do it in Christmas colors and print Joy, Holly, Deck the the Halls, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pinterest

Followers