Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Christmas idea #1 - embellished candy bar


I know it seems a little early for Christmas ideas, but really it is less than two months away and if you are planning on doing any homemade gifts now is the time to start. I thought over the next few weeks I would post some of my ideas for gifts. I actually made these gifts for my sisters for our girls trip last year, but you could easily turn them into christmas gifts. I think they would make cute teacher gifts, neighbor or girlfriend gifts, or cute stocking stuffers.


What you need:


giant candy bar - hershey or symphony is what I like

scrapbook paper

double sided tape

flower and ribbon for embellishments

glue sticks and glue gun

First you take off the original wrapper and use it to measure you paper. Cut out paper and wrap around candy bar. Secure with double sided tape. Then take a bunch of ribbons and cut them about 3-4 inches long. (I like to use tool and even stips of fabric.) Then wrap another ribbon around the bunch and tie in the back. I then used my glue gun to adhere my flower to the ribbon and then adhered the ribbon to the candy bar. You can also embellish with cute sayings or tags. The possibibilities are endless with this idea and you can use them for pretty much every occasion.

3 comments:

  1. girl! you are so creative! you need to link up your ideas! there are tons of blogs that do linky parties and they will bring a ton of traffic to your blog...

    can't wait to see what you do next!

    ~selina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a cute idea!It would be cute to put the flower on an alligator clip to so it could be used for a hair clip to. Thanks for linking up! Heather @ Memakingdo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, thanks for stopping by. That would be a way cute idea. I love your blog. Such cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete

pinterest

Followers