Friday, November 19, 2010

Cranberries and sugar
Marshmallows and whipping cream

The finished salad(sorry my pictures aren't prettier)

I'm sure many of you are planning your Thanksgiving dinners and I wanted to post this recipe before it was too late to add to your menu. It is one of my favorite recipes and is special because it came from my Grandma. The tartness of the cranberries and the sweetness from the marshmallows, along with the whipping cream make it so delightful. I have shared this recipe over the last several years and many friends have told me it has become a must at their Thanksgiving tables. If you make it, tell me what you think. I hope you enjoy it as much as our family does!


Granner's Cranberry Salad
1/2 lb. Cranberries (ground very fine)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 pint whipping cream, whipped until stiff peaks form
small pkg. marshmallows
1 small can crushed pineapple
Mix sugar and cranberries together. Put in refrigerator for 2 hrs. Mix whipped cream and marshmallows in seperate bowl and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours. After 2 hours is up take out of fridge and combine all ingredients and add crushed pineapple. Mix thoroughly. Put back in refrigerator and let chill overnight.

1 comment:

  1. I defenitly didn't get enough of that salad at Thanksgiving!!! It was so delicious though!! We miss and love you Granner!

    ReplyDelete

pinterest

Followers