Thursday, November 11, 2010

Christmas idea #3 - Christmas pillow cases







If your anything like me you are really starting to think about all those Christmas gifts you've got to buy. The big day is right around the corner and I thought today I would share a simple homemade Christmas gift idea with you. A few years ago I decided to make all my friends and their families pillow cases. It was quite an undertaking since I had to make about 30. But these really are simple and fast. Last year I made my girls some for their beds. I found this darling fabric at a local fabric store. I just measured a regular pillow case. I think I bought about 3/4 yd to 1 yd. Then you just sew up the sides and turn over top and stitch around to make the border. These ones for my girls I put a different fabric around the top. I think it adds a little extra to the pillow and I got to use more of the cute fabric line I found. I think they make a darling inexpensive gift for friends, neighbors and family.

1 comment:

  1. Those are darling!!! Did you get that fabric at Gardner Village? They turned out so good!!

    ReplyDelete

pinterest

Followers