Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thanks Sign


I got out my Thanksgiving decor today and thought I would share a craft project I did a few years ago. We have a great store here in Utah called The Wood Connection. They have all sorts of unfinished wood projects you can by and finish yourself. One thing they have are all sorts of sayings and letters. I bought my thanks in a kit and then painted them. If you don't have access to this store I am sure a lot of local craft stores have them. One thing that makes this project unique is the fun glitter.


I first sanded the letters and then painted each one a different color. When they were dry I sanded the edges and stained it with an antiquing gel and then wiped off immediately with dry cloth. Once that was dry I sprayed with a shiny lacquer spray paint and then glittered every other letter. I used the Martha glitter in the same color as my paint. There is also a glitter I like that is for scrap booking. I think it is cuddle bug designs or something like that. The lacquer makes it stick and once that was dry I gave it another coat of the lacquer. I love how it turned out and how it sparkles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

pinterest

Followers